Speedscanner — Automated frontend website performance monitoring
Synthetic web page testing testing tools like Google Lighthouse and WebPageTest can provide incredibly useful insight into the performance of websites for any web developer. Despite a huge number of backend performance monitoring tools, there are few frontend performance monitoring tools. Among several others, SpeedCurve and Calibre provide this service but can prove to be expensive and over-complicated.
Until recently, SpeedTracker offered a free open-source alternative, however from late-2019 it seems to no longer function and is no longer maintained. Speedscanner is heavily inspired by SpeedTracker but relies on free serverless functions rather than a central server in order to be totally disconnected and within complete control of developers.
Whatever your need, SpeedScanner can help you easily monitor the performance of websites for free.
- Monitor frontend web performance regularly
- Visualise performance statistics over time, in addition to individual tests
- Performance data powered by WebPageTest, allowing huge range of testing options
- Google Lighthouse integration included, offering performance, accessibility, best-practice, PWA and SEO scoring at a glance
- No imposed limits, the only restrictions are in the platforms used
- Can be hosted for free using developer services including Netlify, WebPageTest and FaunaDB
- No central server allows for longer lifespan
- Completely open-source allowing developers to tune to their exact needs